Delta Defense is the private company that provides Marketing, Operations and Customer Care for the USCCA. The USCCA provides self-defense education, training and legal protection to the most responsible gun owners.
Delta Defense, LLC, is one of the fastest-growing companies in America.
Inc. 5000 company 6 years in a row!
Journal Sentinal Top Workplace - 3 years in a row
#1 Milwaukee Business Journal Top Workplace
We are a fun, fast-paced and rewarding place to work and grow!
We hire rock stars, and help them rock even harder!
This position will serve the editorial elements of the Content Team by focusing primarily on proofreading duties for online and print products. Additional copy editing and some writing responsibilities may be added as skills progress. The successful applicant will also assist with project coordination and other miscellaneous tasks valuable to the Content Team. The successful candidate will be a highly reliable, detail-oriented person, capable of working with limited supervision but who is willing to ask questions and learn. This role will interact with a variety of other departments including Marketing, Education & Training and Fulfillment. This is a full-time position based in West Bend with occasional travel to Iola, Wis.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Proofread articles, books and other miscellaneous projects including content from the Training Team pre- and post-layout
- Maintain the USCCA Style Guide
- Assist with editing/scheduling/proofreading and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) of Into the Fray / Tactical Tuesday / Pacifiers & Peacemakers / Concealed Carry Report and all other USCCA blog content
- Assist with editing/scheduling/proofreading and SEO of Concealed Carry Magazine articles on the USCCA blog (6 posts per issue)
- Assist with testing of Into the Fray / Tactical Tuesday / Pacifiers & Peacemakers / Concealed Carry Report emails
- Coordinate with Marketing designers for initial selection of all USCCA blog images
- Coordinate with outside proofreaders as needed
- Upload AAR podcasts
- Assist with posting Concealed Carry Magazine on USCCA app (each issue cycle)
- Assist with the digital asset management system
- Maintain copyright spreadsheet for print and PDF products
- Assist with the organization of Content Team Dropbox folders in order to eliminate duplicate design and PDF files. Content needs to always retain ownership of most recent project files.
- Assist with general project coordination duties as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Skills/Abilities and Educational Requirements:
- Exceptional proofreading skills and extreme attention to detail
- Experience in writing, journalism, publishing or related field a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines at once
- Excellent command of the English language
- Degree in English, Journalism or related major, preferred
- Able to work well with a team and be an independent worker
- Proficient computer skills (Google Docs, MS Word, basic InDesign)
- Excellent communication skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Constant desire to learn and grow professionally and personally
- Demonstrate the Core Values of Delta Defense, LLC
THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITON - WORK LOCATION IS AT CORPORATE HQ IN WEST BEND WI.