Delta Defense is the private company that provides Marketing, Operations and Customer Care for the USCCA. The USCCA provides self-defense education, training, and legal protection to the most responsible gun owners.
Delta Defense, LLC, is one of the fastest-growing companies in America.
Inc. 5000 company SEVEN years in a row!
Journal Sentinel Top Workplace - 4 years in a row
Milwaukee Business Journal Top Workplace - 3 years in a row
We are a fun, fast-paced and rewarding place to work and grow!
We hire rockstars, and help them rock even harder!
Looking for a fresh challenge and an opportunity to further advance your career and grow with a fast growing company? If you are highly flexible leader and an adaptive out-of-the-box thinker with sharp analytical and problem-solving skills, exceptional organization, and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment, we have the perfect job for you!
We are looking for an enthusiastic Marketing Manager who will work with USCCA’s marketing Training Division Team to develop and deploy marketing strategy and tactics that build awareness, drive growth of both students, instructors, members and promote engagement and sales.
- Develop a strong understanding of the end consumer (B2B / B2C)
- Establish go-to-market strategies that will drive consumer behavior to engage with the brand
- Work with the Training Division to understand their business needs and growth expectations
- Develop and implement a marketing plan that will build awareness, drive growth of both students and instructors, and promote engagement and sales for the Training Division.
- Direct and support market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data for short- and long-term market forecasts and reports
- Manage marketing budget and expenditures
- Maintain brand standards and ensure compliance across all Training Division marketing and communications channels
- Identify competitors and evaluate their marketing strategies and positioning and devise counter-strategies
- Build long term relationships with employees, clients, and stakeholders
TEAM/PEOPLE MANAGEMENT - MANAGE, GROW AND EMPOWER
- Build, manage and coach a high-performing marketing team to execute plan
- Ensure team members have the knowledge and tools to successfully execute their jobs at a high level.
- Establish, manage and help facilitate professional growth plans for team members.
- Evaluate team members’ performance and provide new growth opportunities or correction/ adjustment as needed.
- Managing the growth of the marketing team so that it continues to be efficient in production and execution of all tasks.
- Manage and guide the team’s ideas into applicable and effective marketing strategies.
FACILITATE INNOVATION & GROWTH
Perpetuate a mentality of growth, innovation and ideating amongst the team to stay ahead of the competition and be recognized as the thought leaders of self defense and firearms training.
PROCESS DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTION
- Establish and track KPI’s to ensure all marketing initiatives are performing and growing as planned or better - adjust strategies as needed.
- Ensure the evolution and refinement of the quality and improvement of the marketing initiatives.
- Facilitate and encourage strong communication between Training Division Marketing and all other teams (Marketing, Business Intelligence, IT, Content, Member Services, etc)
- Managing many different platforms at the same time without missing any key steps.
- Willingness to enthusiastically accept many varied projects and new responsibilities as assigned.
Skills/Abilities and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing is preferred
- 7 + years experience in a progressive marketing role, including managing direct reports
- Be a self starter, have high standards and be able to work independently and on a team to meet deadlines
- Proven time management skills in deadline driven work
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to draw conclusions and make solid recommendations - understand how to interpret reports, data, and results into actionable suggestions that will form the future of the company’s marketing efforts
- Love attention to detail and provide meticulous records of their processes
- Be able to handle many projects without decreasing efficiency nor decreasing quality
- Highly organized
- Proficiency in Google Docs, Google Analytics and presentation software. Knowledge of Salesforce, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, VWO, Instapage, Basecamp, Trello, and Google Search Console desired but not required.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of team members (creative, analytical, technical, customer service, finance, operations, etc.)
- Strong skills in developing and maintaining effective relationships
- Should be willing to put in the work needed for advancing and growing as an integral member of the marketing team.
- Must be an effective manager of team members that do and do not report to him/her
- Must be willing to grow as a leader within the company.
- Must be comfortable with change - must show a willingness to grow along with the company and within his/her role.
- Team Player
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Demonstrates the Core Values of Delta Defense, LLC