Delta Defense is the private company that provides Marketing, Operations and Customer Care for the USCCA. The USCCA provides self-defense education, training and legal protection to the most responsible gun owners.
Delta Defense, LLC, is one of the fastest-growing companies in America.
Inc. 5000 company SEVEN years in a row!
Journal Sentinel Top Workplace - 3 years in a row
#1 Milwaukee Business Journal Top Workplace
We are a fun, fast-paced and rewarding place to work and grow!
We hire rockstars, and help them rock even harder!
Are you an experienced Director or Vice President of Marketing looking for a fresh challenge and an opportunity to further advance your career and grow with a fast growing company? If you are highly flexible and an adaptive out-of-the-box thinker with sharp analytical and problem-solving skills and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment, we have the perfect job for you!
We are looking for an enthusiastic Vice President (VP) of Marketing who will not only execute in the trenches, but also provide strategic leadership, from a market and product perspective, to our marketing team and to our leadership team while developing synergistic relationships within the team and within the company.
Position Summary: To grow, lead and manage the sales and marketing team of the United States Concealed Carry Association (USCCA). To maintain and grow its position as the premier organization for self defense education, training and legal protection and aggressively pursue our goal of 1,000,000 members by 2022.
- Take responsibility for annual sales and marketing plan, strategy and team
- Identify and plan differentiated and impactful sales and marketing strategies/materials
- Drive the implementation of sales and marketing campaigns that drive leads and meet business sales objectives
- Direct and support market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data for short- and long-term market forecasts and reports
- Manage marketing budget and expenditures
- Maintain brand standards and ensure compliance across all marketing and company communications channels
- Identify competitors and evaluate their strategies and positioning and devise counter-strategies
- Build long term relationships with employees, clients, and stakeholders
- Team/ People Management - Manage, Grow & Empower
- Build, manage and coach a high-performing marketing team to execute strategic plan
- Lead all efforts of recruitment and retention of professional staff for Marketing team.
- Meet with team members regularly to ensure they have the knowledge and tools to successfully execute their jobs.
- Establish, manage and help facilitate professional growth plans for all team members.
- Evaluate team members’ performance and provide new growth opportunities or correction/ adjustment as needed.
- Facilitate Innovation & Growth
- Perpetuate a mentality of growth, innovation and ideating amongst the team to stay ahead of the competition and be recognized as the thought leaders of self defense education, training and legal protection.
Process Development & Execution:
- Facilitate and encourage strong communication between Marketing and all other teams (Business Intelligence, IT, Content, Member Services, Training)
- Establish and track KPI’s to ensure all marketing teams are performing and growing as planned or better - adjust strategies as needed.
- Hire and/or negotiate contracts with consultants and business partners.
- Ensure the evolution and refinement of the quality assurance and improvement process.
Skills/Abilities and Education Requirements:
- Previous working experience as a Marketing Director or VP for 5+ years
- 4 year degree in Marketing, Communication or similar relevant field
- Excellent leadership skills with demonstrated ability to effectively lead in a changing environment.
- Strong skills in developing and maintaining effective relationships
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to draw conclusions and make solid recommendations;
- Proven business acumen and ability to capitalize on customer and market findings and develop long-term strategies to capture potential;
- Proven achiever with strong record of growing business and innovation to drive higher revenues and profits;
- Excellent communication skills to present, inform, and persuade high level customers, executives and colleagues;
- In depth understanding of digital marketing:
- In depth understanding of direct marketing;
- In depth knowledge of market research
- Proven ability to communicate and work effectively with a diverse range of people at all levels and functions of the organization;
- Strong organizational skills a must.
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Demonstrates the Core Values of Delta Defense, LLC