Delta Defense is searching for a Web/Application Developer who will be responsible for working on the back-end and server-side code required to build highly scalable, interactive websites and applications. This individual will also be comfortable working with and supporting off-site teams. This person will produce common components that can be leveraged across multiple web properties, and will implement “responsive web design” in mind at all times.
Architecture design - Come up with appropriate architecture and technical solutions for a wide range of web projects. The candidate may, at times, be required to research new technologies, methodologies, architecture patterns, develop a proof-of-concept and then create a full implementation plan based on best design pattern applicable to solving the problem. This individual will also be required to look at areas of re-use and architect solutions that can be easily integrated across products. He/She will also ensure that solutions are architected and implemented to scale with responsive web design for mobile devices.
Developing Solutions – Have a working knowledge of different front-end and server-side programming languages and design patterns. He/She will be able to work closely with 3rd party agencies, project managers, and implement the right solution. Responsibility will include writing logic in the appropriate programming language to meet the functional requirements, as well as ensuring the appropriate test cases are implemented. This resource is also expected to ensure proper documentation of code before the code is deployed to production systems.
Application or Website Support – Provide all required development or operational support to ensure the website is performing to availability, load time and stability standards. Some of these tasks may require providing support outside of core business hours.
Skills/Abilities and Education Requirements:
- Demonstrates the Core Values of Delta Defense, LLC
- Demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills using knowledge, experience and understanding of basic Internet concepts along with necessary software, databases and programming languages
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong time management and project development skills, with ability to deliver on time and to specifications
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional stakeholders including Editorial, Product and Design
- Cool under pressure
- Time management and reliability (able to accurately predict turnaround time on projects and deliver on those timelines)
- Provide feedback on technical issues, as well as recommend solutions
- Advanced knowledge of Internet protocols and applications in addition to a solid understanding of business and marketing strategies
- Familiarity with CMS-assisted development
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively to meet deadlines
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of version control (we use Git)
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of development and workflow tools: npm, Grunt/Gulp, Yeoman, comfortable on the command line, browser dev tools (e.g. Chrome inspector)
- College degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2 – 4 years developing web applications and architectures to support high-traffic, scaleable sites
- Previous experience in building websites responsive web design
- Track record of leading by example in the areas of code design, source code control, software life-cycle management, documentation, implementation, testing and production release of all software projects related to the environment.
- Experience with web development lifecycle including design, development, testing, and deployment
- Experience with web application architecture & design
- Experience with web development design patterns and best practices
- Demonstrable knowledge of best practice software development, QA, Source control